Dubai, the stunning jewel of the United Arab Emirates, is renowned for its luxurious skyscrapers, opulent shopping malls, and jaw-dropping attractions. However, beyond the urban glamour lies a magical landscape that offers an entirely different experience, which is the majestic Dubai Desert. Find out various things to do in Dubai with Dubai Holiday Packages.
Dubai is said to be a desert jewel of the United Arab Emirates because of its desert and the amazing adventure that awaits. You can go for a camel ride or go for dune bashing in the Dubai Desert, which is popularly known as the Dubai Desert Safari.
The Dubai Desert Safari is an unforgettable adventure that lets you escape the city’s hustle and bustle to immerse yourself in the vast expanse of golden dunes, where ancient Bedouin traditions and modern thrill-seeking pursuits blend perfectly.
An Oasis of Desert Experiences
The Dubai Desert Safari offers plenty of experiences catering to a wide range of tastes and preferences per the visitors’ choices.
Whether you’re seeking some heart-pounding dune bashing, serene camel rides, cultural encounters, or stargazing in the desert night, there’s something for everyone in the Dubai Desert.
Let’s see what else you can do in the Dubai Desert Safari Adventure.
1. Dune Bashing: Strap yourself in for an adrenaline-pumping dune-bashing ride in a 4×4 vehicle. Expert drivers skillfully manoeuvre through the towering dunes, giving you an experience like that of a roller coaster ride that will leave you breathless, in a good way. The feeling of soaring over the dunes and then dipping down the slopes is an adventure you may have never experienced before.
2. Camel Rides: Embrace the timeless charm of camel riding as you move through the undulating dunes. Camels have been essential to the Bedouin way of life for centuries, and riding one provides a unique connection history and culture of the desert.
3. Bedouin Camp: Experience the traditional Bedouin lifestyle at the desert campsite. Decorated with Arabian carpets and low seating areas, the camp offers a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage of desert dwellers. Sip on some aromatic Arabic coffee and enjoy dates; get henna tattoos; and dress in traditional Bedouin attire for taking photos to flex on social media.
4. Falconry: Witness the age-old art of falconry, an integral part of Emirati heritage. With their impressive speed and grace, Falcons are deeply revered in Arab culture, and seeing these majestic birds in action is a mesmerising experience.
5. Sunset Views: The Dubai desert is known for its awe-inspiring sunsets. Watch in awe as the sun dips below the horizon, painting the sky with orange, pink, and gold hues. The tranquil beauty of the desert at this time is truly enchanting and a photographer’s dream.
6. Starlit Desert: As the day transitions into night, the desert comes alive with the brilliance of countless stars. Far from the city lights, the Dubai Desert offers a breathtaking nighttime view. Gaze at the constellations and be captivated by the wonder of the universe.
7. Traditional Entertainment: Enjoy traditional Arabian entertainment with mesmerising belly dance performances and Tanoura shows.
8. Arabic Barbecue: Savor a delicious feast of Arabic cuisine, including mouth-watering barbecued meats, fragrant rice dishes, and various drool-worthy sweets. The culinary delights are an essential part of the overall desert safari experience.
Dubai has made commendable efforts to ensure that the popularity of desert safaris doesn’t come at the cost of environmental degradation. Many tour operators follow strict guidelines to protect the delicate desert ecosystem. Speed limits are imposed on dune bashing, and designated areas are allocated to minimise the impact on the desert flora and fauna. Responsible tour operators also educate visitors about the importance of preserving this fragile ecosystem for future generations.
Tips for A Safe And Enjoyable Desert Safari
Choose a Reputable Tour Operator: Research and select a reliable and licensed tour operator to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Timing Matters: The best time to embark on a desert safari is during the cooler months, from October to April, when the temperatures are more moderate.
Dress Appropriately: Wear comfortable and light clothing, and remember to bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun.
Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the safari, as the desert heat can leave you dehydrated.
Respect Local Culture: Be mindful of local customs and traditions, and avoid any behaviour that might be considered disrespectful.
Capture the Moments: Don’t forget your camera or smartphone to capture your Dubai desert safari’s stunning landscapes and memorable moments.
A Dubai Desert Safari is a captivating and adventurous journey that allows you to step back in time while indulging in thrilling modern experiences. It offers a unique blend of culture, history, and natural beauty, making it a must-do activity for anyone visiting Dubai. So, if you’re seeking an unforgettable escapade that takes you beyond the glitz and glamour of the city, set off on a desert safari and create memories that will last a lifetime amidst the golden sands of Dubai.